New Bug workers RE: Only in America (no LBC)

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Bug workers RE: Only in America (no LBC)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:03:17 -0700 m>
>> Plus the added benefit of only having to pay people who live in cardboard
>> and tin shacks $5 a day.

>Yes! Who are glad to work in a factory paying $3 and hour with food and
>medical attention on the premises...so they can become the new middle class
>Mexico has always been short of...so they can form unions and get raises so
>the plants will have to locate elsewhere so the new Mexican milddle
classers
>will be able to afford clothes at the local Wal Mart in Panzacola.

I heard on the news few days ago, VW workers in a plant in Mexico have been
on strike for a few weeks now. They are demanding a raise from $20 a day to
$35 a day. At what point is the cost of building a new plant somewhere else
equal to the lost revenue? Capitalism at it's best IMO.

It's all really just fueled by the consumer. If you want a crappy new bug
built in Mexico, go for it. If not, buy something else. So makes your
choices and get your wallet out.

I for one wouldn't mind a new old style beetle that was still being produced
awhile back. Air cooled flat 4 and all.

My tax deductible 2 cents.

Toby