studs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: studs
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:58:14 -0400
I'm finally switching from wire to steel wheels. I need to use one of
the hubs from the current set up for the steel wheel axle. The studs
are too short from the wire wheel hubs for use with the steel wheels.
So, I need to extract the studs from one set of hubs and put new,
longer ones in (the old long ones are a little bent).

So, how does one extract studs and insert new ones? I've banged on
them a little with a hammer, but this doesn't seem to making an
impression (pun intended).

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>