Fulcrum Pin - Help

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fulcrum Pin - Help
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:46:58 -0400
Been a long time since I have been able to get on, I'm back, I need help.
What started out as a little vibration when above 45 -50 mph has turned into
a big deal.  Tires and wheels all balanced, wheel bearings replaced,
u-joints replaced, toe-in checked and adjusted, upper fulcrum bushings
replaced, lower inner wishbone bushings replaced. Vibration improved after
toe-in adjustment, however, still there.  On a rocking test of the wheel,
noticed a very slight movement at the kingpin lower end.  Upon removal from
the car, I find that I can not get any side to side movement at the kingpin,
but I found when I removed the lower fulcrum pin that the forward threads
are worn out on one side.  The grease was rock hard on the forward end, and
upon inspection of the wishbone I cant really tell if there is any damage to
the threads, etc.  Is there a way to check these threads, (can't find thread
chaser (bolt etc.) that size.???  or would it be better to just replace the
wishbone??? Anyone got one.

Brent Wolf
76 Tahiti Blue Midget
Almost COMPLETELY rebuilt