Re: project to daily driver

To: GreenBugeye@aol.com, tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com, SixtyOneMG@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: project to daily driver
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 13:29:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- GreenBugeye@aol.com wrote:
> I hate to mention this on the list, but I know of so
> many folks who use
> Festys as back-up or primary winter beater
> transportation -- they just cannot
> be killed!

True - I bought a "fully loaded" LX for my wife when
she was a grad student in 1989.  It was an '88
leftover.  It scared the (h)Eck out of me, being very
light in every way, but she drove it thru school (in
Manhattan!), and we kept it for three years.  Bought
it for $5900 NEW, sold it for $4000.  The kid she sold
it to still has it, to my knowledge. It was
bulletproof from a reliability standpoint, and had
incredible storage room.  Also one of the last
carburetted cars out there, had a little Hitachi I
think, that would be appropriate on a Fiat Topolino.
Alternator works for a Spridget, I'm told.  Saw a rust
free automatic for $300 the other day, seriously
thought of it as a cheaper alternative to getting 4
snow tires for my Miata for the winter.  Maybe I'll
pick it up and we can trade around the list each
winter.

=====
Ron Soave

"It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all night lookin' for
'em that does."
- Casey Stengel