Re: Fw: brake master rebuild info?

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: brake master rebuild info?
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 01:35:25 -0700
Mike,

I have a newly brass sleeved and painted MC that I will sell you and you
can put a new kit and your MC guts into, OR I will rebuild it for you.
These are not easy to do because 1) there is a circlip way down in the bore
that is not easy to reach and 2) there are two pistons that are held
together with a roll pin. They have to be separated in order to replace the
seals. Whatever you decide, go with a sleeved MC, either brass or
stainless, whichever you prefer. Anything else will most likely fail you in
a short period of time. The brass sleeved one I have has a ten year
warranty on workmanship.

Contact me offlist if you are interested.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints