1500 piston question

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f85C37P08559
Subject: 1500 piston question
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:08:01 -0400
Since I was in the mood to do motor work, it seemed appropriate to go
ahead and start breaking down the motor for the purple car (instead of
pulling the motor with the flashed bearing in the gold car).  So I
pulled the pistons last night (among other things).  Flat-topped pistons
pretty much mean they've been changed at some point, right?  In other
words, didn't the factory pistons have a dish on top?

One more thing...a mechanic bought my crank socket for $60 last year
(couldn't turn it down), and I forgot what size it was...  Is it 1-7/8"
(for a 1500)?  1-7/16"?

Adrian
http://www.midgetweb.com