Re: Alive.......

To: justbrits@home.com, mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alive.......
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:43:40 EDT
As you all can attest, it's been quite a day. I work in Stamford, CT, the
largest city east of NYC. While I was aware of the planes hitting the Twin
Towers, I ventured to the top level of our skyscraper where there is a
restaurant to watch CNN. It wasn't two minutes later that I watched the
second tower collapse live.

>From our vantage point, all we had to do was turn 180 degress, and we could
see all of Manhatten under billowing clouds of smoke and dust where the last
tower stood just seconds ago. To see it on TV is disturbing, but watching
over Manhatten like that with my own two eyes is something I doubt I will
ever, ever forget.

Worried enough about all the Fortune 500 companies within spitting distance
of me, the near manic attitude of security, I was told to go home...but,
oops, all rail service had been cut off. Thankfully my wife insisted she come
and pick me up.

Glad as I was to be at home, we waited to hear on friends and associates who
worked in or near the disaster, and all I could think about was all the
innocent people in NYC and DC who died for no reason, whose only crime they
committed today was going to work, and for that they paid with their lives.

Tom