The "2nd Phase"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The "2nd Phase"
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
I apologize again for this venom amidst many eloquent
thoughts, but I can't believe what I just read.  Look
at this - I have some pretty strong ideas about what
the "second phase" should be.

Again, I am not afraid, I AM PISSED.

======================================
Thursday September 13, 12:00 AM

Taliban want proof before extraditing bin Laden

Afghanistan's ruling Taliban said it would consider
requests for the extradition of terror suspect Osama
bin Laden based on evidence from US investigators.

But the hardline Islamic militia reiterated that its
honoured "guest" bin Laden had nothing to do with
Tuesday's day of terror in the United States.

"We can study the evidence and take action in light of
that," the Taliban ambassador to neighbouring
Pakistan, Abdul Salam Zaeef, told reporters when asked
about bin Laden's possible extradition.

He said the first step would be to discuss whatever
evidence, if any, may be provided to link bin Laden to
the horrific attacks against landmarks in New York and
Washington.

"About his handover, we can talk about that in the
second phase," Zaeef said Wednesday.
I think the 2nd phase should be 3 or 4 aircraft
carriers worth of our nation's finest landing in the
Middle East, and welcoming the Afghans and their
neighbors to the new 51st state, the one that will
produce our oil amidst a giant glass parking lot.

=====
Ron Soave
Let Freedom Ring