Re: Fw: Hydraulic fittings on LBCs

To: Trisha <patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: Fw: Hydraulic fittings on LBCs
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:18:37 -0400
Cc: spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Trisha wrote:

> My question is, what types of fittings are on the brake and clutch cyls and
> lines.  I thought I read somewhere that they were British Pipe (BSP) but I
> don't remember.  Can anyone enlighten me and confuse Trish?

Not sure about the MGB but 1/8" pipe threads work on Spridgets.
1/8 pipe is very close to 3/8 x 24 but pipe thread is tapered.
I have the tap and die and I often wonder how you taper threads with a tap
that is wider as you go deeper. It just doesn't make sense. But i have chased
a lot of threads and it works.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ