Re: Laugh, will you!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Laugh, will you!
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 06:44:33 EDT
An excerpt from my best seller   The LBC Electrician's Book of Spells and
Curses:
"Something MAY be amiss if any of the following symptoms occur:
- horn used to really blow. now it really sucks
- lights become black holes that attract SnapOn tools and NOS spares
- radio  listens to you
- demisters clear windscreen in damp cold weather "

I've had a couple of cars dragged into the shop with the same kind of
problems including a neighborhood kid who towed in a cobbled up MGB that he
bought as an unfinished project he'd  salvaged from a junkyard for a hundred
bucks.    Imagine my surprise when I got the engine wired,  plumbed and fired
 up, put it into  reverse where it moved forward. Tried first thru fourth,
and  it moved  backwards... whoa...... Previous owner didn;t have a rearend
for an MGB handy - he simply bolted in whatever he found at the junkyard that
fit between the springs and welded the rear ujoint plate directly to the diff
yoke and welded the shock links straight to the diff tubes. A pair of tubing
couplers adapted the brake lines, and the e-brake ends were welded to the
levers.  Shame, too, because it was a really quiet 3:55 gear....
Mark C ...  late of Union Jack Spares and Repairs  Chesapeake VA