Re: Paint and Chrome

To: SDOliner@aol.com, pauld@ekpc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint and Chrome
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:10:23 EDT
David  (& List) -
Follow up on friend's paint job - though you might be interested,

Fritz just got his Bugeye back from 1-Day Paints where he had car repainted
for $550. This cost included removal & repair of a couple of rust/paint
bubble spots, several small dings & 1 large dent, and painting of Bugeye with
2 colors - Red, with black door sills. This was same colors he had before.

Paint job came out very well - frankly, better than I was expecting. No
noticable "orange peel", runs, etc. A few raised spots (created by dust) on
bonnet & boot which Fritz will color-sand & bluff out once paint has set-up
further. Job is not concours or show car quality but is very good for a daily
driver.  Comes with 5 year guarantee. Much better than anything I ever saw
from Earl Scheib.

Bottom-line, when I have my Bugeye painted in near future I will not hesitate
to go to this shop. $500-600 is certainly much more appealing than the $2,000
- 3,000 I have been quoted to-date.

Good luck with your Bugeye.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano