Paranoia deja vu?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Paranoia deja vu?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:54:43 -0500
The further adventures of GFT SPRT.
        After a quick water pump exchange on Friday in preparation for a
visitation by Frank, Larry, and Cur....I mean Ron S, the 67 Sprite was once
again its feisty self. It ran beautifully on the way to, and back from,
Elkhart Lake, aka Road America, which is a 2 hour jaunt from where I live.
Some more Spridgeteers and Thickos got to see Frank's handiwork.
        I plan on commuting (35 miles each way) in the Sprite until either I,
or
the car break down. So last night, getting around to the "subject", on my
way home from a local tavern wherein I enjoyed 2 beers and 1 Packer
touchdown, and having to pass the barber shop (I almost cut my hair) I
looked in my rear view mirror to see a police car. Naturally, since I
wasn't driving some indistinguishable lump or an FUV, he felt compelled to
turn on his patriotic red, white, and blue lights. Very festive. I almost
saluted and drove off, but thought better of it.
        In my ill-spent youth, when a 65 Midget was my sole transportation,
this
happened frequently, induced, I thought, by my waist-length hair and beard.
"A car fitting this description was reported stolen." being the stock
reason proffered. Alas, things haven't
changed. It must be the car, my luck, or a conspiracy.
        So, I guess I must resign myself to this ordeal until every constable
in
every jurisdiction along my daily trek has had the opportunity to check on
my car's interior, which is in need of some reconstitution, and to verify
the photographic abilities of the state licensing department. All of this
is after a rather lengthy registration process for the car. I think I need
a bumper sticker that says "Already Hassled by the Police".

        Peter C
        67 GFT SPRT (Frank says it's cursed)
stay tuned... right! with SUs?