Re: "overheating" problem

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "overheating" problem
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:02:58 -0400
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem like what I have traditionally
seen/heard of as an "overheating" problem. Yes, you are running hot, but
your system should not be boiling over at 212 degrees. With a 50/50 mix and
a 15# pressure cap you should not have boiling until way past 250 degrees
(268 if memory serves correct).

It seems to me that you have two problems.

1. Your engine is running hotter than it should (BTW, 212 doesn't seem all
that hot to me - enough to be concerned about but not debilitating). All the
posts about the extra ring, solid skirt, lean fuel mixture (possibly caused
by assorted other opinions), insufficient air flow, etc etc may well be
causing that.

2. Your cooling system is not working properly. I know you said your cap
seem to be working fine, but if it's releasing at 212 degrees _something's_
not right beyond the temperature. Don't miss the forest because of the
trees.

<dnw>
1972 Midget
1998 Safari