Re: Lets get this straight - Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating pro

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lets get this straight - Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:51:46 +0100
Daniel,
I am sure you are right.

Someone mentioned "Cavatation" (sp?)  which is the effect caused when
the quantity of air bubbles generated by the impeller running at high
speed begin to reduce its efficiency in pumping water.  There is an
optimum speed for the water pump to work at its best.  Spin too fast
and it pumps less water!

Early A series probably only rarely ran at over 3500rpm.  With
development to higher rpm the larger pully was needed to keep the pump
running at the optimum speed during normal use.

Guy