Re: Tattoos...

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, converse@centurytel.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tattoos...
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:51:26 EDT
In a message dated 10/1/2001 8:12:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

> umm i have it from reputable sources that tattoos do not hurt!

Which leads me to one of my fondest recollections.  I have two buddies from
my teen years, still today the best of all my friends, with whom I attend a
carnival in my hometown when we were about 16  (we are talking a bit over 40
years ago).  At the carnival was a boot where one could, for a small fee, get
a tattoo.  So, being teen aged boys, we decided we would get our initials
tattooed on our arms.  The biggest of the three, a big Polish guy named Butch
decided to go first.  So he sat for the tattoo, paid his money, and we
watched as this big guy moaned and winced in pain as the needle brought
blood, travelling over his upper arm, tracing the indelible initials "C.L.B."
 When he was finished, he said "All right, which one of you guys are next?"
Well what can I say?  Why would ALL THREE of us subject ourselves to the pain
and bloodletting that we had witnessed?  And to this day, ONE of our group
never misses a chance to rub in the fact that the other two backed out on
that evening of infamy. And he has "C.L.B." permanently and indelibly scribed
into his upper arm.

--David C.