RE: 1976 MG Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f9HGHcQ08250
Subject: RE: 1976 MG Midget
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:17:36 -0500 namics.com>
Just to throw in my $.02.
If you are not trying to restore the car
to original, like it rolled off the showroom
floor, there is no reason to spend
$150 on a battery.  Any local auto parts
store or even Sears can provide you with
a battery MUCH cheaper.  (and probably better)

I have been off the list for a while, so
this may have already been discussed (or
even done!).  Is there anyone on the list
that lives close enough to Ms. Cleary to
help her slap some sense into "dumb and
dumber"?  Not to say that you are not
capable, Ms. Cleary, but it always helps
to have someone who is familiar with these
things to lead you in the right direction.

I would have NEVER learned the little I
know about these cars if it hadn't been
for my dad.

-Rob Lewis
1959 AH Sprite (Wendy)
1962 MG Midget

I am writing to you three guys because, as you know I am on a fixed
income,
trying to restore my MG Midget, and have to get the best prices I can.
In no
way do I want to start a competition of any kind.  That is certainly not
my
intent.  Who gets my order will never be revealed by me.

I sat down yesterday afternoon for hours and went thru the Moss catalog
with
the two guys that are restoring my car.  This is the list they came up
with
that they need right away.  I have listed page number and parts number
so you
can look it up.

The first thing on the list was the scariest to me.

Page 134        BATTERY #459-480           $149.95
    (they told me this was the BEST but perhaps there
    would be a cheaper model somewhere) ???