Re: Speedo takeoff on a 1098 Sprite..

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: Speedo takeoff on a 1098 Sprite..
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:13:30 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
"Louis Mehr (EML)" wrote:

> I have a white plastic moulding which screws into the gearbox and the speedo
>cable which in turn screws into plastic moulding.

Louis

It sounds like the speedo pinion gear is missing from the plastic piece.
The plastic part should have a plastic gear with a metal rod inserted in it.
No gear, no speedo.

The gear rides on a spiral cut washer in the tranny, the cable fits into the
rod attached to the gear, the whole thing is fitted inside a large plastic
sleeve that screws into the gearbox.
If you can not dig up a drive gear locally, let me know I have a spare and can
send it to you.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ