Re: Turbo article

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Turbo article
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:46:58 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David,

Not such a big deal to turbo a 1275.  See Gerard's Garage for a few photos
of mine.  The PO welded a custom intake/exhaust manifold and mounted a
Rayjay turbo.  Oil feeds from a
T at the oil pressure guage takeoff, returns to a fitting brazed to the top
of the sump.  single 1.5"SU facing the back of the car.  Dish top low
compression pistons, old fashioned Isky 3/4 race cam without the modern high
lift and large overlap.  Centrifugal advance dizzy.  Goes like stink and
will deal quickly with a 1380 equipped car.  Be sure you have hardened
axles, disc brakes, tight sphincter.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye