Re: Gearbox Painting

To: Clayton La Baw <clabaw@jpl.nasa.gov>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox Painting
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:45:12 -0500
Hmmmm. Unless the Sprites differ from the Midgets in this regard, I don't
think they were painted in '67 anyway. I know some of the older ones were
painted - there's a pic in Horler OSM of a engine/tranny sitting on a palette
and he notes they are correctly painted. But I have a tranny out of a '67
that I may be putting in my '71 and the '67 tranny is nude. The one that's in
my '71 is white, but it also has "$100" painted in red on top of the bell
housing, so I strongly suspect it isn't original. ;-)

Can't think of any good reason to paint it.

Eddie
1971 Midget