Re: Insurance again

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance again
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:32:44 EST
In a message dated 11/1/01 7:13:26 AM, Ajhsys writes:

<< Try this, total your car and put in a claim.  Then see how much they offer
for a 40 year old car that cost less than $2000 new.  (Actually, I'm just
kidding.  PLEASE don't try that.)

Hi again Allan:

Actually we are insured for an agreed upon value for the Sprite, as well as
for our motor home.  I do feel pretty good about our insurer based on a claim
about 20 years ago when  I was rear-ended,  totalling our 9 year old Honda
600.  AAA settled with us right away for $300  less than we paid for the
Honda new.  We could produce mechanics receipts for a rebuild, and the car
was really primo.  When they subrogated the claim, we got another $100 back.
So basically, we drove the car 9 years for what care we put into it.

Really appreciate your taking the time to post your explanation.  It does
make a difference.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)