Re: Brake Switch

To: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@clubrx.org>
Subject: Re: Brake Switch
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:19:47 -0500
Cc: spridgets team <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I bought an acceptable unit from Moss.  Not my preferred choice, since the
earlier one from Moss failed in just over one year.  But it was quickly
delivered.

However, I then took the old one apart and discovered that the innards of the
switch, and discovered that the riveted-together (with a plastic washer/bushing)
section had peened over to interfere with the electrical contacts.  I trimmed
this plastic stuff out (sort of like flashing on model car parts) and it is now
serviceable again.  You might want to take a look.  i have no idea how common
this defect may be.

Jim