Teardown continues & list friends

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Teardown continues & list friends
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:49:04 EST
Hey list. Yesterday Ron Soave made a visit to help me with my Sprite again.
We got the windscreen off after a few hours. Ron had to grind the driver side
screw and nut off the back side. That was the worst windscreen screw we had
to deal with. It broke two hardened drill bits one which broke off in the
screw and dulled another bit. None of this was Ron's fault, it's just stuff
that happens when a car sits for almost 25 years. Ron bought some more drill
bits, a punch and a nut spliter which came in handy. After the back of the
screw and nut were ground off he used the punch to knock out the remains of
the drill bit that broke off in there and drilled it some more then knocked
the rest of the screw out. The rest broke loose much easier. Me and Ron
pulled the windscreen off. There was some serious rust under the posts. Some
hard rust under the left post but not ate through, but under the right post
is rust and a decent hole. The further disassembly goes the more rust and
holes pop up. Some of this stuff can be taken care of with some sheet metal
though.

All in all it was a enjoyable visit. Me and Ron talked quite a bit also about
british cars and such. So far the list members I have met in person are very
nice people. They go out of their way just to help a fellow british car
owner. I probley would never have met these kind of people if it were not for
the list. I am thinking of coming to Peters shop the this coming weekend for
the Floundervision thing if time permits. Not sure which day yet, have to
check me and my wifes work scheduals. Not only would it be a good learning
experiance but also a oppertunity to meet some other list members.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II
1979 Trans Am
Web site link:  <A