Re: Teardown continues & list friends

To: BritishCarMan@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Teardown continues & list friends
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 17:02:47 -0800 (PST)
--- BritishCarMan@aol.com wrote:
> Hey list. Yesterday Ron Soave made a visit to help
> me with my Sprite again. Ron had
> to grind the driver side
> screw and nut off the back side.

Knew it would be fun when I saw a very large, VERY
rusted FLAT HEAD screw with the obligatory dpo SQUARE
NUT on the back side.  Jamie forgot the first step -
stripped easy-out (why did I bother?). Yes, almost 2
hours on one bolt (about the same amount of time it
takes to swap a 948 with a 1275, for reference).  I
definitely didn't bring enough he-man
get-stuck-stuff-off tools, luckily Farm and Fleet was
around the corner, complete with beautiful 356 Porsche
in the lot (60's and 70's F all week here).   Other
bolts were actually correct and had hex nuts.
Immediately soaked in Aero Kroil and came off with the
usual 4 letter chanting, but with the post seals gone
it was pretty clear there'd be some holes underneath.
A comprehensive study in tetany microbes, this Sprite.
 Look at it this way Jamie - if you don't restore it,
it will make a fine house warming gift for the next
list homebuyer.  All in good fun, though.

On a better note - 70 degrees today.  Maybe the last
pain-free Sprite day this tear, supposed to snow
flurry tomorrow!

-- Soave