Re: Final Drive Determination???

To: Brent Wolf <wolfbj@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Final Drive Determination???
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:36:25 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
If you jack up just one wheel to count the driveshaft revs, then you need to do
two revs of the wheel.  Then the driveshaft revs equal the dif ratio.  (1.95 X 2
= 3.9!)

There are also numbers stamped on the top of the dif carrier, just to one side
of
center there is a boss that has the numbers stamped on it.  Might need a wire
brush and a mirror.  You might also check out the tachometer for being off some.

Have some fun, find out the distance one rev of the rear wheel travels, know the
dif ratio, and a measured mile and you can calculate the RPMs.

Paul A