Re: Emails from me - Spridget List no virus

To: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emails from me - Spridget List no virus
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:06:07 -0500
Short and sweet people. The 'lists' are text only.
no attachments.  MJB will correct me if I'm wrong but
the listserv software as well as the unix operating system
and virus software will not pass you a virus from 'directly'
from the list.

when someone 'Replies to all' some mail systems put all
the respondents names in their address books automatically.

Mail virus programs use the address book as a from/to  to
send
out copies of itself. so the from/to info is kinda null and
void.

You get virus from people you know... since you're in
their address book for what ever reason.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com