Incorrect distributor drive illustrations

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Incorrect distributor drive illustrations
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:11:46 EST
I really did want to find out what the refereence to the improper distributor
drive illustration was all about and emailed APT for more info. This was the
response.

David,
Regarding the picture, the text  correctly states that the large offset goes
toward the top, but in some of the manuals the picture shows the small
toward the top.  I've also looked in both of Vizard's books...depending on
which stock cam the checking clearance is .016, .019, or .021 with standard
rockers.  It appears from the charts that if you want "inlet opening" to be
9 degrees, full lift would occur at 106 degrees after  TDC.  We prefer to
time cams by the "full lift" method, in part because it eliminates the need
to know the checking clearance.
Jack

David Oliner
60 Bugeye