Re: Re: Unbelieveable eBay Auction

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Unbelieveable eBay Auction
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:35:14 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have to agree with Rick here.  I have a Haynes booklet for my 300ZX, and a
Nissan Factory Manual (for approx $70, 6 years ago).  You cannot compare the
two.  The Haynes is OK for regular stuff like changing brakes for 1st timers,
but the factory manual is indispensable for things like changing the timing
belt, sorting through the wiring, etc.... There's always little nuances for
each year that are best covered in a factory manual.

Mike
'78 Midet
'87 300ZX

Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net> wrote:
> Yeah they're pricey, but GM shop manuals actually tell you how to fix that
one particular car.  Haynes manuals are usually a one-size-fits-all
cover-every-year-of-production type of manual, with much glossing over of
details and photos that may or may not show the car you have.  Not only
that, but our Spridgets are pretty dang simple compared to a modern Grand
AM.

I have and use Haynes manuals, but they are nowhere near as good as a GM
manual.  The GM manual for one of my cars is over two inches thick.  The
level of detail in the manual is incredible considering the complexity of
the car compared to my Sprite.

Rick
'59 Sprite