Re: Help!

To: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: Help!
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:36:43 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Steve, You are confusing oil pressure relief valve with the oil filter
bypass valve.  The bolt you removed was the banjo bolt (the tube from the
block to the oil filter housing, is held by it ). The oil pressure valve is
a little lower and in front of hollow bolt with the tube.  It looks like
bolt with a hump in the center, and no tube.  Remove that bolt and a spring
and cap will come out, that is what Frank told you to clean.
    What you cleaned was the oil filter bypass, this is in case your filter
is clogged oil will still flow.  Some filters have this built in and in
others it is in the housing. You don't want to mix the two.  One or the
other needs to be there but two or none is bad.
    If you really did pull the pressure relief valve and there was no spring
or cup your oil pressure would be a lot lower.  Good luck.
        Crash