Re: Pressed Steel Rockers

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressed Steel Rockers
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:03:19 -0800
Hi Mike,

I don''t know if this is a good comparison, but years ago when I rebuilt my
first 948, I traveled the entire US with it without problems (with one
exception that was outside my control). Everything was new and I'm sure I
had a new rocker arm shaft and bushes too. It ran as better than any 948 I
have ever experienced, but when I tried driving from Phoenix to Flagstaff
to get to the Grand Canyon, I never made it. I just couldn't endure that
climb, though it was probably much steeper and longer than your excursion.
I don't think I ever got over 25 MPH and I finally gave up and turned
around. Long story short... lets start building you that 1275...'-)

Gerard