bodywork questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bodywork questions
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:45:43 -0500
Hi all.

I hav e a couple of questions for you body work types.

1. Have any of you welded in the lower patch panel
for the front fender? The replacement patch has a rabbet/flange that looks like
it's supposed to fit behind the rest of the fender. I've just cut the fender
along that line (measured from the patch piece), and it seems to fit better
sitting  on top than behind. Any tips on fitting this in? Or is it just a
matter of nibbling away until it lines up?

2. In stripping the paint, I saw that the facory had used some filler to cover
the seams in the fenders. Is the Bondo brand good enough, or is there something
else that you can recommend?

I'll have pics in a few days - I just used up a roll of film and i'm getting it
developed tomorrow. When it's in I'll post pics on my site, along with a bunch
of other questions!

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
'79 Midget