Re: try this

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Dbcooper292@aol.com>
Subject: Re: try this
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:47:06 -0500
I thought (and I may be wrong) that the air pump helped with unburnt
hydrocarbons in the exhaust, adding oxygen for complete combustion. The
catalutic converter helps speed up the CO -> CO2 reaction and reduces NOx
(oxides of nitrogen).

Perhaps the Haynes manual says something about this? I don't have mine with me
at the moment...

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://members.home.net/kvcbk/