Re: try this

To: "Chris King" <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: try this
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:16:41 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
You're exactly right, its to ensure enough air to combust unburned
hydrocarbons in the cat.  Does my heart good just imagining unburned
hydrocarbons in a cat.    Now, where's my lighter?

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)

> I thought (and I may be wrong) that the air pump helped with unburnt
hydrocarbons in the exhaust, adding oxygen for complete combustion. The
catalutic converter helps speed up the CO -> CO2 reaction and reduces NOx
(oxides of nitrogen).