Rust Control Recommendations

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust Control Recommendations
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:56:51 -0800
Looking for suggestions and recommendations. ust. My
main questions is what product to use to get into
those nooks and crannies where the wire wheel won't
go.

I have had good luck with a product called OSPHO. Most paint shops
should carry it, or an equivalent.

 How about upholstery paint. Seats
for the most part look great. I'm thinking upholstery
paint will renew the look of the seats and keep me
from recovering the seats. Any comments pro or con?

Again, I have used MARHYDE successfully. I recently got another brand of
vinyl paint to turn some tan seat covers black, which it did, but it
seemed to require more product to do an adequate job. Might explain why
the shop had a big empty spot where the Marhyde used to be.

I know other Listers will have other suggestions, but these are two
products which have never failed me. Best of luck to you.

Kate

1972 Midget "Madge"
2001 Calico/Tabby "Spridget" (soon to try out for the Seattle Mariners)