Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>, "'Mueller, Robert CDR'" <RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil>, "'Rick & Carolyn'" <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:35:45 -0600
Cc: <SDOliner@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I'm seconding this opinion strongly. I've owned my big Healey since 1974
(was I a cool high school senior or what?). When I got my first Sprite (the
Bishop) it was an amazing difference. I'v had many years of karting
experience, and a Sprite, especially a tweaked Sprite, just always (well...
almost always ;)... ) seems to go where I point it (eventually).

I had the pleasure of driving Tom Kovacs/Fourintune's 100S prototype  NOJ
391 at Road America once... but it was right after race sessions in the Red
Rat Bastard. I felt disconnected from the track.

I've had a number of MGBs... and alway wanted to like them, but always found
them "buzzy"..(yet I never feel that way in a Sprite).

I've also had a few Triumphs... ('64 Spitfire was the first sportcar I
owned, right before I bought the big Healey... what a total shitbox), and a
restored TR6. The TR6 drove like a lumber wagon... made the big Healey feel
svelte.

The Lotus? Well, I've put a number of Europa's "on the trailer" at
autocrosses with a 948 Sprite.

The more expensive and exotic the car... the more its like being married to
a fabulous looking woman that cheats on you. Someday, it's gonna break your
heart (and your wallet...)

WST