Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:36:33 -0500
I have owned a TR3 since I was 18 and have autocrossed it. The first
time I brought it out I felt like I was driving a tractor, "plowing"
through the turns. I am upgrading it this winter and we'll see how it
goes this coming season. I think TR's can be explained like hot rods.
Big engines (by English standards) on a simple frame. A TR has to be
beat and thrown around to get the same speed through a turn. This is
where some of the fun comes. I am fixing up a 76 Midget and later can
comment on that car. I have had a Mini. That was a great fun car. On my
favorite curvy road it got boring because I would catch traffic and then
have to sit behind them for the duration. You just can't blast past
someone in a Mini. As with the Spridgets I think you learn energy
conservation. (getting lost speed back is harder)
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 Triumph TR3A
71 Land Rover S2A