Re: Tires

To: RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil
Subject: Re: Tires
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:27:32 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Coastie,

I've got the Michelin X-Metric 155/R13 no-profile tires.  I'm happy with them
in rain and dry.  No good in snow, though.  They're no match for the Dunlop A4s
I have on my 300Z, though.  Now those are nice tires.  Can't get them in our
size.

Going from 155 to 165 will not necessarily affect the speedo.  You need to
change the sidewall height to affect it.

Mike
"Mueller, Robert CDR" <RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil> wrote:
> I'm painting my wheels and will be getting new tires.  My car has been
wearing 155s since I got it 11 years ago, but the wheel I got out of a
junkyard last weekend had a 165 on it (wheel blasted up pretty nice BTW).
I've also noticed a rbmidget that had 165s as well.  I note that in an
original 1974 advertisement, it mentioned my car came with 155s from the
factory.  My speedo reads about 12mph fast at 60, so I'm thinking maybe the
165s would shrink that error?  Any downsides to moving up a size?  How will
handling be affected....will it still slide around in that Spritely manner
I've come to enjoy?  Any other sizes I should consider?  The car is only
driven on the street, and I'm doing all four wheels/tires.  What do you all
recommend?

Coastie Bob
'74 Midget (baby's getting new sneakers)
'90 944S2