Re: Be An American (No LBC -- now WAY off-topic)

To: hurchin@compuzone.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Be An American (No LBC -- now WAY off-topic)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:27:55 EST
In a message dated 1/24/02 2:12:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hurchin@compuzone.net writes:

> Because we are at war, it does not automatically mean a cessation of human
> rights.  It simply means that it is more of challenge to maintain them,
> along with maintaining the security of our nation and its citizens.

I agree, but the prisoners in Cuba are not being treated in inhumane ways.

My guess is that the recent media furor over this is fueled by those who are
unhappy that this president, despite his faults and liabilities, is enjoying
very high approval ratings.  His ideological opponents have nothing to use
against him right now, so they'll come up with anything they can to stir
sentiment against him.  It's just politics -- it's not human rights.  Not
this time, anyway.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye