RE: Be An American (No LBC)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Be An American (No LBC)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:14:13 -0800
Just remember, as much as each of us have our opinion, there is one thing
that sets "us" apart -- the right to disagree with both government and
popular opinion.  I look at that as a richness that is un-equaled in most
parts of the world.

Those "whiners" are the ones that give balance to our system.  They are
"whining" for your rights.  Fortunately, you don't need their help right
now.  Hopefully, if I am ever in need, they will be there whining for me
too.  There is a richness in our diversity of background and opinion, and it
gives me confidence in our system as I see the freedoms we allow in the
defense of the accused.

Because we are at war, it does not automatically mean a cessation of human
rights.  It simply means that it is more of challenge to maintain them,
along with maintaining the security of our nation and its citizens.  It is a
problem to be solved, and not an easy one.  Hopefully when it is all said
and done, we can say we did more than got revenge.  Hopefully we can say we
did the right thing.

Feel free to post me off-list if further discussion is desired.

Joyce Maley
mailto:hurchin@compuzone.net

Hurricane Chinooks
http://www.chinookdogs.com