Garage planning (long)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage planning (long)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:08:09 EST
After helping Frank C. raise his garage, I can't help thinking about the work
I have to do in my garage.  All of this will be in the spring, but I can't
help the poor souls in Cuba, so let's talk about a great LBC garage!

I think I need to start in the garage itself, and work on the shop area after
I get a bit more organized.  I can't find anything right now, since I just
moved in on Thanksgiving weekend.  This is a big two car garage (with room
for at least 6 Midgets, I figure).  Its partly insulated, so I will first
finish the insulation, then do the wiring, and finish the walls with some
kinda plywood or particle board screwed up in place.

I am thinking about a workbench along the entire back wall in the garage (20'
long, or so).  There will be another two benches in the shop area, after I
replace the floor, but that will take longer.  How wide do you prefer your
workbench?  24" is convenient, but is it too narrow?  If I go 30", I have a
lot of waste from 4X8 foot sheets of wood.  I am thinking about ply or
particle board, with a sheet of Masonite on top and a nice edge on front.

After I get the walls up and the bench in, I can organize my two metal
shelves for the big tools, and the 2X8 foot bench that was left in the garage
when I moved in. (An all metal, stone top bench!)  After that, I will be in
much better shape to tackle the shop.

Comments?

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286