Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor - Worth the money?

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor - Worth the money?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:48:45 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David:  I have one.  I got it because the Lucas  ate it's own bearings and I
didn't have access to another one.  AND I have a Weber DCOE so I wanted
something with all mechanical advance.    You can change the advance curve by
changing springs from a little kit they sell, but I have never found a source to
tell me what springs to use.  The dual point thing I think is overrated, it
gives the coil more time to charge,  supposedly.  I for one think that my coil
is lazy and should speed up on its own.  If you go the Mallory route, learn the
symptoms of a bad condenser!  I have replaced mine several times; perhaps
because there are two points?  I don't know.