Re: Hello-Newbie

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Bree Anna" <breeanna1012000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hello-Newbie
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:32:54 -0800
Welcome Bree Anna,

First, nice name.  Second, blue smoke =oil smoke.  Does it go away after a
minute or two or does it continue after warm-up?

If it goes away shortly after start-up, you will need new valve stem seals
at least.  A fairly cheap and easy thing to correct.  If it doesn't go away
you will need to buy lots of beer, cook up lots of food and then post your
address to the East-coast Spridget Resusicitation Gang(Mob?).  If you live
nearer to the west coast, there are a few of us here that will be willing to
eat your food and drink your beer.   Maybe even look at your motor.

Seriously, if the motor runs well and only smokes a little, it could be the
rings, worn valve guides and seals.

Any signs of water in the oil or bubbles being blown in the cooling system?

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)