Water??

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Water??
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:19:45 EST
What are the symptoms of water in the gasoline?

My '79 was running just great until I lost my gasoline cap and we had a
monsoon. I have been through about 3 tanks of gasoline but I have never run
it dry yet.  The car idles just great--doesn't miss a lick.  Runs pretty good
while cool, but when warmed up and trying to cruise, it misses badly.  Mash
accelerator to the floor (Weber DVAG carb) and it picks up pretty well.

Does this sound like water or would it miss all the time and have trouble
idling?

--David C.