Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: Jurgen de Haan <jdh@elscolab.nl>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 22:37:06 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jurgen de Haan wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> After trying to bleetch the clutch for one month now spoiling a lot > of
>silicone fluid it is still not possible to use the clutch.

I have found you have to pressure bleed the clutch with silicone fluid.
20-25 PSI seems to work best.
If you have an Ezeebleed, it will work, if not, pop the vent portion off the
master cylinder fill cap, it pops off with a screw driver.
Drill a 1/4" hole where the tiny vent hole is. Use a blow gun and start out with
20 PSI, have an assistant blow air into the master and at the same time you open
the bleeder, once you see straight fluid, close the nipple and at the same time
stop the air. Be carefull not to blow all the fluid out of the master, it's real
easy with the angle of the master, jacking up the car to level the master helps
too.
Replace the top part of the cap to cover the drilled hole (or if you have a
spare
cap, keep it as your power bleeder cap)

Good luck
--