Re: Piston and Cam questions, NOW with HP considerations

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Gerard" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Piston and Cam questions, NOW with HP considerations
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:39:14 -0500
Thanks to all for the "negative" feedback on overboring. I would much rather
find out the easy way than the hard way. I'm not looking for ultimate HP,
but, as no doubt most are, the most bang for the buck along with a noticable
improvement.

My impression after having read Vizard is that as long as you have lots of
money, a machine shop in your basement, or both, you can do almost anything
you want. The trouble is that some of the things he talks about are
obviously relatively low cost with good assurance of working as planned, and
it's not always clear where the difference is. I did guess that boring .120
over was one of the more expensive/higher risk endeavors, especially when I
found that the pistons alone are double or triple the price of "regular"
oversize pistons.

Well that's what the group is for, and again I thank you all.

<dnw>
1972 Midget waiting, but not ready, for Spring
1998 Safari
1999 9-3
1964 (Me)