Re: motor mounts .. MOSS?

To: pythias@pacifier.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: motor mounts .. MOSS?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:45:22 EST
pythias@pacifier.com writes:

> are
>       the ones from British Victoria or Moss of decent quality, or
>       should i look elswhere, and if so WHERE?
>
>        Also, should i be replacing the bolts that mount the engine to
>        the transmission? .. with regular SAE grade 5 bolts, or those
>        weird british threaded ones?

I got some from Moss that look to be just fine. And nearly everything I have
gotten from Vicky Brit has been ok. I have always specified "no oriental
parts" and it takes a little longer to get the parts, but I have been
satisfied.

As far as the bolts, I know of no Whitworth threads in the Spridget,
especially not in the tranny mounts. Just use grade 5 fines.

--David C.