Re: got a new welder

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: got a new welder
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:37:10 -0600 (CST)
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Glen -

You can drop down to .030 self-shielding wire (with a tip change).
That'll help a little, but you won't be able to "run a bead" and have
it work on 18 ga.  The trick is "stitch welding".  Pictures do a
better job of explaining than words, so:

http://www.paneldoctor.com/demo/buttfenderpatch.htm

Chris K.