Back From Sebring

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Back From Sebring
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:31:36 -0500 FILETIME=[62492210:01C1CE9A]
Well made it back from Sebring late last night. Had a GREAT time,and met
some great people. Didn't get to meet anybody from the list, sorry I missed
ya'll.
There were tons of cars and races. Formula Mazda, Formula Ford, Formula
Dodge, Panoz GT, the Vintage cars, Historic cars, Speedvision GT and Touring
cars, and of course the cars for the 12 hour support race on Saturday. ;-)
It was pretty wild to see the two extremes of the racing spectrum. chuck and
his lust bus and open trailer, compared to The Joest Audi team, 2 Tractor
trailers (just for the race cars, plus 2 hospitality busses, plus the
tractor trailer for the courtesy cars, etc. Even right behind chuck was Dan
Gurney's son's tractor trailer with one of the old AAR Toyotas. Very cool
guy BTW. chuck almost LITERALLY got his doors sucked off by this car getting
passed by it. He said it sucked him closer to it as it passed.
chuck did very well in his races on Thursday and Friday. HIs car ran well,
and he finished first in the Saab class. He wasn't the slowest car there
either!! Physically he took a beating, as it was HOT, upper 80's all 4 days.
He's got blisters on his hands, and got dehydrated a bit. But he enjoyed the
hell out of the experience. His biggest downer wa sthe Morgan that he
maintains, lunched an engine on Friday.Somehow managed to break the feet off
of 2 lifters, and it had only had 1 race on it.
I got alot of pictures from the weekend, about 90 from my digital camera,
about 18mb worth. I hope to have them online by tonight or tomorrow, I need
to edit and rename them abit to make sure I can fit them all on my yahoo
site. I'll post the link when the are posted.
chuck is on his way back, he stopped at Disney on Sun, (he had a free pass).
and should be home tomorrow.

Thanks to ALL that gave to the Get chuck to Sebring fund, it was MUCH needed
and TREMENDOUSLY  appreciated!! The money was WELL spent getting his car,
trailer, and lust bus (and of course him too) there and back.

Brian S.
5? Bugeye under resto