Electrolytic Rust Removal

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrolytic Rust Removal
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:31:37 -0800 (PST)
i'm about to start the process of restoring Bugsy's
Bugeye Bonnet prior to painting. This bonnet was
sansblasted to remove rust by the P.O. more than 12
years ago and then the bonnet was sprayed with grey
primer. Bonnet sat under a covered carport, outside
for the entire time. Condition of paint is such that
faint rust marks are showing up under the primer after
all these years. Is this bonet a candidate for
Electrolytic Rust removal or am I better off just
buying lots of sandpaper. After sandblasting it is
tough to tell exactly how fair and smooth the body was
left after blasting. Fair amount of bondo in places on
the bonnet I can see so I know that needs to likely
come out along with several dents that I'll need to
learn to use a hammer and dolly on. Any comments would
be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
http://movies.yahoo.com/