Le mans..

To: "'SPRIDGETS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET'" <SPRIDGETS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Le mans..
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:58:20 -0500
vintage le mans?

WOOOOW!, i didnt know there was such a thing. how awesome would that be!

ive been involved in a number of 24 hour races crewing but never had the
opportunity to drive.
being a veteran of the daytona 24 and back when the "longest day of nelson"
existed, i can say that even being just a crew member (mary did a couple 24
hr races too), they were some of the greatest moments in my life. the
preperation was exhausting,the thrills of watching the sun come up over the
smells and sounds of dirty gorgeous race cars...refueling and crewing
through the night, it is heaven. But i couldnt imagine adding to it the fact
of transporting overseas.
but if i thought for one moment that i could somehow race the ginetta around
le mans for 24 hrs. i would try and persue it. Right now for us, we want to
get jessica finished, and take her to sebring someday like our hero chuck
did his saab.

le mans...sigh...that would be the ultimate.

R Kansa/RCCSA