Re: stuck in first....

To: "Ravenhill, Matt" <matt@spss.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stuck in first....
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:29:17 -0000
Last year I had this self-same problem. Someone on the list said that
one can usually get it out of gear by driving it and pulling VERY hard
on the lever whilst accelerating / deccelerating.
True, it worked.  But it got stuck in gear again a few more times
before I stripped the box.  Fixed it by adding a shim washer on the
selector shaft to limit how far the selector would move.  Seemed to
work fine after that - no more sticking.

Then I went for 5 speed!

Guy
PS Matt, I see yours is an Austin Sprite. Mine too, #86947, makes it
number 145 of 1022 made.